.

Monday, April 3, 2006

Pre-emptive Retail Therapy

You ever have the inclination that something major is going to happen in your life so you need to just seize the moment? I am not exactly sure if that is what I was feeling this weekend, but it is good justification for shopping.

In my attempt to peel myself away from my fancy new office I agreed to go shopping with Kathou this weekend for orphanage donations. We headed on up to our local mega outlet mall for some discount deals. In all fairness, the last time we went shopping Kathou left with a very expensive handbag and me with nothing more than a pair of shoes. This time I was the "big spender." Ok it is an outlet mall, how much can you really spend?


It started with, "oh lets go into this store!" So we head off to the first store. Then we passed the Eddie Bauer outlet. Ok we didn't so much as pass it by as actually went in. Herein lies my downfall. They had the cutest kahkis for a whopping $19.99. None of that stretch material and they even roll up to flood pants. Very versatile when you don't know what the weather is going to be like. So I bought them.

I will say that I did buy some orphanage donations. 3 sweaters, 5 hats, 4 long sleeve t-shirts and 3 pairs of sweat pants all for $48! I am learning the bargain hunt from the discount queen!

Of course no trip to the outlet mall would be complete without a trip into Ann Taylor. Cute clothes at reasonable prices. What more can you ask for? I had no intention of buying anything in there. That is until I haphazardly looked through the wall of pants. They had the cutest turquoise short pants for $4.99! I have nothing to go with turquoise pants, but they were $4.99 people. I also found a great pair of brown cords for $9.99. They are a little more flare legged than I usually purchase. They really are the kind of pants that when you look at photos of yourself long in the future you will think back and say... what was I thinking? But they are cute now, and frankly that is all that matters.

So I did a little retail therapy. Little did I know that it was going to be a hectic few weeks coming. I may be stressed, but I will look darn good.

6 comments:

A Room to Grow said...

I went shopping with my sister and bought tank tops at Express for $24.99 a piece. Tank tops!! Crazy. (only justification is that I live in CA otherwise call me crazy)

Rhonda said...

I think a little retail therapy is good for you. And its a good thing you bought some of those orphanage donation gifts.

6blessings said...

Sounds like you had a great time!! Bargain shopping is a lot of fun. Congrats on the great deals!!

Anonymous said...

So I did a little retail therapy on Saturday. Bubble Gum Pink Dansko Sandels. I guess I'll have to wear them to work.

Let me know what you need for Orphanage gifts.

I

Jennefer said...

I love outlet stores. I wish there were some by us. If I do come upon an outlet mall on a trip or something, somebody told me to always go to the customer service area and see if they have a coupon book. So I am going to try that next time.

Congrats on your purchases. That sounds great for the orphanage donations too.

My plan is to petition the parents in my kids school classes for donations. This way they can feel good about contributing to a good cause and we can bring extra stuff the orphanage will need (and we won't have to finance all of it).

At Christmas there was a lady visiting an orphanage in Romania and she had my kids whole school donating items. She was overwhelmed with items. It is something that everyone likes to contribute to.

Lauri said...

Shopping always makes me feel like a new woman- I just love Ann Taylor- cant say Im looking to stylish these days- im in sweats most of the time.


Lauri