.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Underneath it all

I really am a mess. I am trying too hard just to get on with my life. I am starting to worry about that. Everyone was surprised when I went back to work at the church so soon. We shut A's bedroom door last Monday and D's mom packed up all of his things the next day.

I am just so afraid that I am trying to play the strong roll. I get asked how I am doing and I tell people I am doing okay. I don't say great, but I do manage an okay. In reality I am a basket case. What the hell am I supposed to do? I can't just sit around feeling sorry for myself can I? I feel like I owe it to myself and my family to be the strong one.

I do happen to have my good moments, but more often than not I am pushing feelings down inside. I am about to lose it at any moment. I was so tired on Tuesday that I almost started crying in the middle of hand bell practice. I had to finish the last of the props for the kid's Godspell production, I worked the afternoon at the church, had a 3 hour long Godspell dress rehearsal that I had to write a video production shot list for then bell choir. In the end I just couldn't take it anymore.

Moreover, I had to tell my dad tonight that his grandson wasn't coming home. He got angry. He tried to tell me the Russians are just telling me a story. He doesn't want me to continue. He thinks I should just try for a domestic adoption. It made me so angry. I got frustrated with him and explained why this is our best chance at having a child right now. It took a while, but I hope he came around. He doesn't understand the concept of an open adoption. I had to equate it to me. I said, "how would you like it if my birth mom wanted to be involved in my life?" He wasn't too keen on that idea. He is just so stubborn sometimes. Gee, I wonder where I get it from.

Needless to say I truly am a mess. I will continue to tell you that I am fine, but in reality we all know different.

3 comments:

6blessings said...

Wow! You wrote exactly how I feel. It's tough being "strong". Please let yourself grieve. It is okay. Cry! I heard a song on the radio last night on my way to the gym. It made me cry, but it was so good and appropriate for the situation. I came home after work and downloaded it. It is by Casting Crowns. It is called "Praise You in the Storm". It says that God catches every tear and He is always by our side. Please take care of yourself. I really do know your pain to a degree. I am living it right now too. If you need to talk, you know my email address and I can get you my phone number.
I still pray for you daily.

Trusty Husband said...

Hang in there my love, and know that I am here for you (of course you knew that already). I am ready to hold you during the occasional meltdown. I keep telling myself that it is OK to be sad still. We make it through this somehow :)

-D

Anonymous said...

There is a CD/song I want to share with you. I just dug it out again after not listening to it for over 5 months. It's good for those times you know you need to grieve and just cry and let things out but are trying so hard to hold it all in. Remember we all love you!!!
Ingelaurie