.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I've been threatened

Wouldn't it be great if those were one of those stories where I get to play the victim and there is this big stalker threatening to kidnap me? It would make for a fantastic story, but sadly that is not the case. I was threatened by D.

I forgot to mention in my previous posts that I am really bad driver. I mean really bad. Ok, not Rhonda bad, but bad. I have managed to drive myself 30 miles without knowing how I got from point A to point B. Seriously. It isn't so much that I am not paying attention... well... maybe I'm not. I get distracted by random thoughts and just go through the motions of driving. I usually make it home safe. I haven't been in an accident in a good number of years. (knocking vigorously on wood)

Well, this evening I was driving home from work and evidently I was not paying attention. I realized that the person in front of me was not moving. So I did an awesome defensive driving move and slammed on my brakes and swerved. I was slick. Shaking like hell, but slick.

I got home and told D about my little adventure. The conversation went something a little like this:

Elle: I just about wrecked my car tonight.
D: weren't paying attention were you?

Elle: I have no idea what you are talking about.
D: If you wreck your car that is it. No more car. We can't afford to buy you a new one.

Elle: So I should pay attention while I am driving?
D: Yeah, I'm thinking so.

Evidently I need to become a more alert driver.

In other news, I finally found the coveted cell phone ringtone. It took a little creative Googling to actually find it. It isn't called the Hey Song. It is Rock and Roll part 2 by Gary Glitter. You have to know the one I am talking about. It is the song they play at every hockey rink after every home team goal. Now my phone plays it. I just wish more people would call me.

The finalists for the ringtone were:
Back in the USSR (Derek stole this one from me)
Knight Rider (keeping in that whole 80's theme)
Ob-la-di, Ob-la da
and
The Mister Six song

Next I am on the hunt for the Hockey Night in Canada song.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Ha! I am not a BAD driver. I just hit things. That's, like, totally different! OK OK, I'm the one that everyone swears at on the road.

I have had scares before like what you had, so good for you in being a defensive driver! Also, Seattle is crazy. All those dang one way streets and people zipping in and out of lanes. I'd be toast in a week.

Great choices on your ring tones.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you're definately a bad driver!! I should know, as I've been in the car with you since you first had your license!

Anonymous said...

Please PAY ATTENTION while your driving or you'll not be allowed to drive for 6 months and you're grounded!
Mom & Mike

Anonymous said...

It didn't work to ground her when she was in high school, why would it work now?! :)

Elle said...

This is funny because it is true.